Yeastar S-Series - Add a SIP Trunk
Tested on Yeastar S20 - Firmware – 22.214.171.124
Note - Caller ID must follow the NPANXX standard. The area code (NPA) must be a valid area code and the NXX must be a valid NXX. If the caller ID is not valid, then calls will not route properly and will need to be corrected before calls can be successfully made.
SIP Trunk Setup
- Log into the Yeastar S20 Device (this assumes that the PBX has already been setup)
- Click on “Settings”. This will open the settings panel.
- Under PBX, select “Trunks”
- Click “Add”
- This is where the information from the Portal Trunk settings will be entered.
Enter a Name for the trunk and input the required information. Enable the Outbound Proxy and enter the proxy information provided to you. This is required for the SIP Trunk to register successfully. Domain Name, SIP Username/Password are provided to you at the time the SIP Trunk is created.
- Name - Trunk Name
- Protocol - SIP
- Trunk Type - Register Trunk
- Template - General
- Transport - DNS-NAPTR (required for DNS-SRV on Yeastar PBX's to function correctly)
- Hostname - Trunk Name - port number should be 0 for DNS-SRV support
- Domain - Trunk Name
- Username - SIP Username
- Password - SIP Password
- Authentication Name - SIP Username
- From User - Domain Name or can be left blank
- Caller ID Number - Caller ID number
- Caller ID Name - Caller ID Name or can be left blank
- Outbound Proxy - sip.siplogin.ca - port number should be 0 for DNS-SRV support
- Select "Codec Tab"
- Select u-law, a-law, G729A and G722 codecs, all others should be removed from the selected column
- Select "Advanced Tab"
Add in the DID Number that was provided to you or that you will be using for inbound calls.
uncheck Qualify as it is not used.
- Click "Save"
- Click the orange “APPLY” box now present in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now click on the square pattern icon in the top left
This will open up the applications, and select the "PBX Monitor"
- The PBX Monitor will open, on the left-hand side select “Trunks”, which will bring up a list of trunks.
When the SIP Trunk is registering it will show a yellow timer icon , once it has successfully registered it will turn to a green check mark . If it is unable to register successfully, it will show a grey X , If it did not register go back and double-check the settings entered for your SIP trunk.
Also, confirm that the S20 has a valid WAN IP address and is able to access outside the network.
- If everything is correct, the SIP Trunk will now be registered and able to be assigned to an Inbound Route.
Navigate to Settings -> General -> SIP.
Update the following settings
- UDP Port - change this to any random port between 1024 and 50000. This will offer the best security against unwanted registrations.
- Default Incoming/Outgoing Registration Time - change to 60 to ensure any failover updates are done in a timely manner.
Grandstream UCM Add a SIP Trunk
UCM6102/UCM6104 - 126.96.36.199 firmware Note - Caller ID must follow the NPANXX standard. The area code (NPA) must be a valid area code and the NXX must be a valid NXX. If the caller ID is not valid, then calls will not route properly and will need to ...
3CX SIP Trunk Setup
Tested Version - 188.8.131.526 on July 9, 2020 NOTE - DNS-SRV on 3CX versions 15.5.15502.6 and above correctly failover when the first DNS entry is unreachable, but the 3CX system will not recheck the first entry until the second DNS entry is ...
Synapse SIP Trunk Setup
How to setup a Synapse SIP Trunk as well as the Inbound and Outbound routes. Tested On: Synapse Deskset SB67010 - FW: 3.1.1 Synapse SIP Gateway SB67070 - FW: 3.1.2 Prerequisites: SIP Gateway SMB Telephony Deskset Up to date firmware for both SIP ...
Teams Trunk Failover
Fail over Teams trunks will follow the DNS SRV record of sip.siplogin.ca and change registration when server maintenance has been initiated. If they do not return registration it can cause some issues as listed below Symptoms Teams trunks are not ...
SIP Response Codes Reference and Error Codes
Prerequisites none 1xx Informational SIP Responses · 100 Trying – Extended search is being perform so a forking proxy must send a 100 Trying response. · 180 Ringing – The Destination User Agent has received the INVITE message and is alerting the user ...