Web Phone Troubleshooting
Web Phone isn't Ringing when a Call is Received
This could be caused by a number of conditions, the most common are:
- Is the computer's speaker volume turned up?
- Does the computer have a working speaker\microphone or headset attached?
- Does the computer have and is using Chrome as the browser and the version is at least:Version 67.0.3396.99? This can be checked under the User\Phone tab as the version number will show within parenthesis after the phone description of Web Phone (Chrome 67.x.xxxx.xx). Compatibility with other browsers is being added, but haven't been thoroughly tested.
- Is the web Phone browser open on the Users computer? A registered Web Phone will show registered when clicking on the top right Phone icon. If the window is closed, the phone will not ring or appear registered.
- If diagnosing remotely, please ensure the Web Phone is registered under the User\Phones tab. Web Phones have an automatic extension with a "wp" suffix, such as 101wp. A green checkbox would indicate a properly registered and open Web Phone Browser. A red stop symbol indicates it is not open or registered.
- Is the Web Phone set to ring in the Answering Rules? Typically if the user has set the answering rule to ring all user's phones, it will be added automatically to inbound ringing if the Web Phone is open and registered (first screenshot below). If the Answering Rule is not set to "ring all user's phones" ensure the extension ending with the suffix "wp" (like 101wp) is set to be a ringing device by itself (second screenshot below).
Ring All User Phones Setup Example
Ring Web Phone Only Setup Example
Troubleshooting Common Problems
This article provides tips and information on common problems that affect hosted phone performance and how to troubleshoot those issues. Prerequisites Verify there are no service affecting outages at http://status.iplogin.ca/ Poor Audio Choppy calls ...
Taking a phone home
Prerequisites Ensure you have a working network connection available for your phone For best results ensure your network complies with our network requirements The ability to power the phone Powering the phone All VoIP phones require some sort of ...
Talk-A-Phone VOIP-500 Setup
Prerequisites VOIP-500 Firefox 3.5 or higher Internet Explorer 8 or higher User Setup This device will need a manual device setup. For complete instructions on how to setup a manual device, please see the link here. Device Setup Enter the IP ...
Troubleshooting Portal Fax
This article covers how to troubleshoot some more common portal fax troubles. Prerequisites A Portal Fax Account Access to the portal Not Receiving Fax Emails Please ensure that your portal account has voicemail enabled and email alerts selected. If ...
Taking a Phone Home
Taking a Phone Home 8 months ago Updated Depending on your office’s network configuration, you may be able to use your phone at home. Prerequisites A High Speed Internet connection, a routing device that supports port forwarding with administrative ...