Time of Day (TOD) Telephone Number Routing
Advanced time-of-day (TOD) routing is done from the Domain Inventory Tab for your telephone numbers.
- User scope of Office Manager or higher.
Enabling TOD Feature
A few quick options are all that are needed to route telephone calls to where you want them from the Inventory and Phone Number tabs:
- Enable Time Frames
- Choose the timezone for the Telephone Number
- Optionally, Add a Caller ID Prefix that will show on the phone's LCD display for inbound calls
- Pick the business (Domain) that the telephone number relates too
- Enable the DID (note: always choose yes, else it will ring out of service)
- Optionally, choose the date that the telephone number will go in service or leave blank for immediate use.
- Add any relevant notes for your reference in the Notes field.
- Select from one of the Time Frames you have already configured or use the Default one.
- Select the desired Treatment (User, Voicemail, Auto Attendant, Queue, Conference Bridge or SIP Trunk).
- Add as many Time Frame options as you want by selecting them from the drop-down and clicking the plus symbol, such as Holidays, Day Time, Evenings and others that you may have configured.
- Remember to drag and drop them in the order you want them checked from the left-hand column. In the example below the system will 1st check that is is not a holiday and then 2nd likely route the call on the All Day rule. The Default time frame will catch anything that doesn't meet any other criteria.
- Hit save and the changes are committed and Live!
- Test for the desired behavior.
New System User Creation (Time of Day - TOD)
A new system user TOD 14165551212 and extension 14165551212 will be created for this special routing feature. This is a non-billable system user of course and can be hidden from view by selecting the "Hide System Users" button in the Users Tab.
Working With Time Frames
This article will show you how to set Time Frames and how to configure them for optimal results. Prerequisites Manager Portal access with Office Manager scope. Displaying the Time Frames Page All time frame tasks are performed from the Time Frames ...
How to Block an unwanted caller
Prerequisites: Office Manager or higher user scope Portal Access Different ways to block number Block a caller from calling a specific user Block a caller from calling a specific phone number Block a caller from calling anyone or anything in your ...
Working With Active Calls
This article will explain the user interface on the Active Calls screen. Prerequisites Manager Portal access with Office Manager scope. Active Calls Page Call Graphs The left side of the Home page shows call graphs. These graphs display calls by ...
Call Center Report Emails
Call center report emails give call center supervisors or office managers (with call center functionality enabled) the ability to request emails in a variety of formats and time windows. The emails themselves are brandable and customizable using the ...
Call Data Record (CDR) Scheduled Exports
Allows for the scheduling of Call Data Record (CDR) exports through the Portal. These exports can be sent via email, FTP, or SFTP, as well as directly downloading from the Portal. Rather than manually exporting the CDR information in the Call History ...