The Auto Attendant Dial-Pad Menu
This article briefly covers each of the Dial-Pad menu items available in an Auto Attendant
- User = goes to a user (extension).
- Conference = goes to a conference bridge.
- Call Queue = goes to a call queue.
- Directory = goes to the dial by name directory.
- Voicemail = goes to a specific mailbox.
- Voicemail Management = allows outside staff to call in and retrieve voicemail.
- External Number = forwards to an external telephone number (for example, to send a caller to an on-call staff).
- Play Message = commonly used for hours and directions.
- Repeat Prompt = replays the menu of options to the caller.
Add Tier = adds a submenu with a new greeting and set of options.
What Are They? Great question! An Auto Attendant (AA for short) is like a virtual receptionist. It helps incoming callers choose extensions, departments, leave voicemails, etc. Auto Attendants have scripts, that can either be read by someone, or ...
Auto attendant with speech words
Prerequisites Access to the portal At least office manager access permissions An auto attendant in your call flow About Speech words allow you to configure your auto attendants to listen to for spoken commands instead of just dial-pad entires. You ...
Recording Greetings and Menu Prompts
This guide will demonstrate how to record greetings and menu prompts. Since Oct 19, 2020 there is a more strict enforcement of DTMF not being allowed while an Intro greeting is being played. If you provide instruction for a user in the intro ...
Working With Automated Attendants
Note - Please leave the Time Frame as "Default" when creating a new auto attendant. Since Oct 19, 2020 there is a more strict enforcement of DTMF not being allowed while an Intro greeting is being played. If you provide instruction for a user in the ...
Working with Text-to-Speech (TTS)
Prerequisites Access to the portal TTS Enabled and setup by your partner or tech support About Text-to-Speech (TTS) allows you to use high-quality voices to convert written names, prompts, and greetings into spoken words and phrases while avoiding ...