Setup Shared Line Appearances
- Office Manager or Higher Scope
- Available lettered extensions to be used
- Each device must have their own extension (usually will be a lettered extension)
- Will not work in a Call Queue currently
- Some phones may require additional overrides depending on how many Shared Lines are required.
- Login to the Manager Portal
- Navigate to Users and select your desired user.
- Once in your desired users profile, select the phones option.
- Click "add phone" to create your lettered extensions
By default, this is restricted to 5 users. If you require more, please submit a ticket to support with the use case requiring more.
- Enter your desired postfix and leave all other options at their defaults.
- Repeat step 5 for your desired number of devices that will use the Shared Line
Answer Rule Setup
- Navigate to the first user that you wish to be line 1 (example extension 1000).
- Select the User and then navigate to the Answer Rule tab.
- Edit the answer rule (there may be more then 1 answer rule here depending on the call flow that is setup).
- A popup will appear. Enable the Forward On Active rule.
- In the box that says "Extension, number or phone", enter the user that will be line 2 (example user 1001, and select the user 1001 option from the drop down list)
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for all remaining desired Shared Lines
Once the final line has been reached, you can set the "Forward On Active" rule to route to a voicemail, auto attendant. If no option is set on the final Shared line, the call will receive a busy signal and then end the call.
Each phone must have it's own unique extension assigned to it for this feature to work correctly. An example would be if you have 3 Share Line Appearances, you would need 1000, 1001, 1002 on phone 1 followed by 1000a, 1001a, 1002a on phone 2 and 1000b, 1001b, 1002b on phone 3.
- Navigate to Inventory -> Phone Hardware
- Edit the button builder profile for the first phone. This can be done by either clicking on the MAC address of the phone or the dedicated button builder button on the right hand side.
- Once in the button builder settings, edit the desired button locations.
- Select the option "Shared Line Appearance"
- Enter the Shared Line users extension for this device (Example 1000).
Optional* - enter in a custom label for this line
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 for the remaining desired Shared Lines
- Once finished with this profile, press the Save and Resync button.
- Repeat steps 2 - 7 for the remaining devices. The additional phones should be using the appropriate lettered extensions for their shared lines.
Multifactor Authentication setup
Please note, if you sign in with SSO you will bypass the MFA process Prerequisites Access to the portal Google authenticator app About Multi-factor authentication allows you to use Google's authentication services to add another layer of security to ...
Shared contacts enables scopes of Office Manager and higher to add and edit a group of contacts that will be viewable to all users within a domain. All users can view the shared contacts within the contacts page and dock. Viewing and editing shared ...
Setup Multiple Handsets to a Yealink W60/W52 Base Station
Prerequisites Office Manager or Higher user scope The W52 base station is capable of having 4 handsets assigned to it, and the W60 is capable of having 8 handsets assigned to it. This KB goes over how to setup the additional lines required in the ...
3CX SIP Trunk Setup
Tested Version - 126.96.36.1996 on July 9, 2020 NOTE - DNS-SRV on 3CX versions 15.5.15502.6 and above correctly failover when the first DNS entry is unreachable, but the 3CX system will not recheck the first entry until the second DNS entry is ...
When troubleshooting issues with your phones it is crucial that a Line Test is performed to assist in identifying network issues which could affect your Quality of Service. Using Line Test Navigate to the Line Test Website and once there enter your ...