Faxing is Still Growing!
Well, according to the latest market research, the answer is a resounding YES! Even though they won’t admit it in public, that facts are that most business, government, academic and non-profit organizations still rely on fax in one way or another.
And counterintuitive to what you might have thought, fax usage in many industries is going up, not down. But don’t just take my word for it. Just look at what the latest research from the International Data Group (IDC) found out. In a recently released paper titled “Fax Market Pulse: Trends, Growth, and Opportunities,” IDC reported that 82% of survey respondents said that fax usage increased over the past year, while only 19% said usage went down.
Here are some of the highlights that provide more insight to what is going on.
IDC: Fax is Growing, Not Slowing
- For companies where fax was growing, it grew a lot, rising 27% over the previous year.
- Fax growth companies expected it to continue growing by another 25% over the next two years.
- Simplifying fax processes, making it more accessible, drive fax usage volume up
- Organizations continue to fax because customers and suppliers use fax
- Fax is a trusted method of secure information exchange
- During the next two years, fax usage will shift to cloud services