- Physical access to the phone
- Polycom device MAC address
- Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone located on under the phone and write it down.
Now write down the the numeric keypad equivalent of each character, i. e. for 0004f212ab34, you would have 000433332222234.
- Usually starts with 0004F2xxxxxx or 64167Fxxxxxx.
Restart the phone by powering down (unplug it count to 10 then plug it back in).
While phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step) depress the following keys simultaneously:
Continue holding down the numbers for few seconds, until you are prompted to enter the admin password.
- * If you see "loading application" and no countdown on your screen, select"cancel" and you'll be able to see the countdown.
- For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450 press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time
- For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time
- For SoundStation IP 4000, 500, and 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
- For VVX-Series phones press and hold the dial pad keys 1, 3, 5 simultaneously during the Updater process until the password prompt appears
Enter the numerical equivalent of the MAC address of the phone (not case sensitive). To switch between alpha and numeric try one of the following:
You should now be able to log into the phone with the default admin password of "456" and configure you phone.
- Depress the # key or the button directly beneath this image on the phone screen (1/A/a) for Soundpoint IP
- On a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch between alpha and numeric
- Please take note of which input option is active as you will have to start over if a letter or number is entered incorrectly.
How to Perform a Hard Reset
Use the below steps if the following is met:
- The phone is on a boot loop and no longer going to the home menu
- The default password or mac password don't work
- Reboot the phone and wait for the starting application.
- While the phone is in the starting application wait for the cancel button to appear then press it.
- The phone will show a 7 seconds count down. This is the only open window to press the key combination to go to the hard reset page.
- VVX series (VVX300, 301, 310, 311, etc): press and hold 1 3 5 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Sound Point IP 335: press and hold 1 3 5 7 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Sound Point IP series (IP550,560,570, etc): press and hold 4 6 8* within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Conference Phone IP5000, 6000, 7000: press and hold 1 3 5 7 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- The only password use here it the MAC ID of the phone (e.g 0004f28619dc).
- By default, the phone is on number mode (1->abc) which means you will are entering a number when you press any button.
- Note: To enter a single letter you will need to change the input mode of the phone.
- Press the 2nd soft key that corresponds to the mode or (encoding) of the phone and change it to (A->abc or a->abc).
- This is not key sensitive so it's ok if you are on (A->abc) which is upper case or ( a->abc ) which is lower case.
- Once you are on the letter mode (A->abc ) and you need to enter the letter "F" you will need to press the number "3" 3 times.