Greeting Only Mailbox (no messages allowed)
This article covers how to set up a greeting only mailbox
- Manager Portal Access with Office Manager Scope (and permission to add Extensions)
Option 1: Via an Auto Attendant
Note: This option requires a caller to call an Auto Attendant and then press a key to hear the "greeting" only option.
- From the Auto Attendants Tab, select an existing AA or create a new one.
- Select the Greeting Option to associate it to the desired key:
- Record or upload the greeting
- Save the changes
Option 2: Using a General Mailbox
Note: This option requires that once set up a ticket is opened to have some backend databases changed to make sure the system does not accept the leaving of messages by the caller.
- Add a New User with an extension number between 5010 and 5099
- Enable Voicemail for the users in the Voicemail Tab is not already created
- Record or upload the desired greeting
- Save the changes
- Assign a Telephone Number from Inventory and point it to the user\extension (Between 5010 to 5099). Do not do the next step, until a number is associated.
- IMPORTANT: Open a support ticket to have the mailbox converted at the database level to not accept messages.
Record a Voicemail Greeting
Prerequisites Access to the Manager Portal Basic User or Higher user scope A registered phone. Log into the portal and click on the Messages icon. Select settings, this will open up your voicemail settings, Under the section "Greetings", click on ...
Working with Text-to-Speech (TTS)
Prerequisites Access to the portal TTS Enabled and setup by your partner or tech support About Text-to-Speech (TTS) allows you to use high-quality voices to convert written names, prompts, and greetings into spoken words and phrases while avoiding ...
Audio Codec for Music and Messages on Hold
Adding your own music for your domains Music and Messages on Hold can be anything you would like as long as long as it follows the correct codecs and bitrates. Prerequisites Access to your manager portal Audio Codecs MP3 or WAV u-Law, 8000hz, 64 ...
Working With Automated Attendants
Note - Please leave the Time Frame as "Default" when creating a new auto attendant. Since Oct 19, 2020 there is a more strict enforcement of DTMF not being allowed while an Intro greeting is being played. If you provide instruction for a user in the ...
Recording Greetings and Menu Prompts
This guide will demonstrate how to record greetings and menu prompts. Since Oct 19, 2020 there is a more strict enforcement of DTMF not being allowed while an Intro greeting is being played. If you provide instruction for a user in the intro ...