- Access to the portal
- At least office manager access
General voicemail boxes are primarily used as a company's primary voicemail box where general voicemail messages get stored. This voicemail box can be accessed by anyone that knows the account's PIN.
By default, your phone will not monitor this mailbox for new messages so you will either need to manually check for new messages or use the email notification system.
To access the mailbox it is as simple as:
- Dial 5000 from your phone
- Enter the account number(typically 5010)
- Enter the Pin for the account when prompted
Monitoring on your phone
You can set up your phone to monitor and display voicemail notifications but it requires a bit of setup
- Navigate to your 5010 user's profile
- Go to the phones Tab
- Click on "Add phone"
- Add as many phones as needed (Max 5)
- For each phone just increment it by 1 letter like above, no need to configure any other settings on the phone
- Navigate to your inventory then go to the Phone hardware tab
- Open the button builder for the phone that you want to enable the monitoring on
- Add a line appearance with one of your newly created device extensions, ie 5010a (note each device extension can only be used once)
- Save and Resync
- Repeat on the other phones if you need
These phones will now be subscribed to 5010's voicemail box as well as their own voicemail box!
Voicemail IVR Tree
This article demonstrates the options available to you from the voicemail menu prompts. Prerequisites A configured voicemail box Tree Diagram See here for the voicemail tree, a downloadable PDF is attached at the bottom of the page.
Record a Voicemail Greeting
Prerequisites Access to the Manager Portal Basic User or Higher user scope A registered phone. Log into the portal and click on the Messages icon. Select settings, this will open up your voicemail settings, Under the section "Greetings", click on ...
SMC routers – general
Current Status Not Supported Suggestions Replace Device Comments Most SMC routers do not appear to be compatible with VoIP services. We would suggest that you either replace this router with a compatible one or attempt to bridge it to another router. ...
Cisco Routers (general)
Current Status Compatible; may require changes Suggestions Confirm model with support. Comments The Cisco routers we have encountered appear to be quality devices that are compatible with VOIP service, but may require some changes. **All routers ...
Working With Automated Attendants
Note - Please leave the Time Frame as "Default" when creating a new auto attendant. Since Oct 19, 2020 there is a more strict enforcement of DTMF not being allowed while an Intro greeting is being played. If you provide instruction for a user in the ...