Auto attendant with speech words
- Access to the portal
- At least office manager access permissions
- An auto attendant in your call flow
Speech words allow you to configure your auto attendants to listen to for spoken commands instead of just dial-pad entires. You can configure keywords and the target destination for each keyword.
Auto Attendant Speech words Setup
To enable speech words on your auto-attendant you will need to do the following:
- Log into your portal
- If you are not in your domain view you will need to click on "Manage Organization" in the top right corner
- Click on Auto attendant's and find the one that you want to add speech words to and edit
- Ensure you have at least 1 option set on the dial pad.
- Click on the settings icon highlighted below
- Go to the speech keywords tab
- From here you can enter the keywords that your callers can say to be routed to that dial-pad destination.
- When you are done, click on Done and then make sure to save the auto attendant.
Speech keywords also work on the company directory. This allows callers to simply say the person's last name instead of dialing the necessary 3 digit combination. No additional setup required here outside of the normal company directory configuration.
Working with Text-to-Speech (TTS)
Prerequisites Access to the portal TTS Enabled and setup by your partner or tech support About Text-to-Speech (TTS) allows you to use high-quality voices to convert written names, prompts, and greetings into spoken words and phrases while avoiding ...
The Auto Attendant Dial-Pad Menu
This article briefly covers each of the Dial-Pad menu items available in an Auto Attendant Prerequisites none The Dial-Pad Menu User = goes to a user (extension). Conference = goes to a conference bridge. Call Queue = goes to a call queue. Directory ...
Working With Automated Attendants
Note - Please leave the Time Frame as "Default" when creating a new auto attendant. Since Oct 19, 2020 there is a more strict enforcement of DTMF not being allowed while an Intro greeting is being played. If you provide instruction for a user in the ...
Greeting Only Mailbox (no messages allowed)
This article covers how to set up a greeting only mailbox Prerequisites Manager Portal Access with Office Manager Scope (and permission to add Extensions) Option 1: Via an Auto Attendant Note: This option requires a caller to call an Auto Attendant ...
Recording Greetings and Menu Prompts
This guide will demonstrate how to record greetings and menu prompts. Since Oct 19, 2020 there is a more strict enforcement of DTMF not being allowed while an Intro greeting is being played. If you provide instruction for a user in the intro ...