This guide explains how to set up a PSTN (public switched telephone network) forward.
- Access to the portal
- Office Manager scope or higher
Creating the PSTN Forward
- Select the Users tab and click Add User
- Enter in the required information. Set the extension to one between 5111 – 5149 as per the Extension Conversion Guide which can be downloaded from here.
- First Name - Any Name
- Last Name - Any Name
- Extension - Any extension between 5111 and 5149
- Department - Leave Blank
- Email Address - Email address for user
- User Scope - Leave as Basic User
- 911 Caller ID - Leave as default value
- Enable Voicemail - Not Required.
- Add Phone Extension - Leave at default value
Password information can be left blank, or can be set at this time.
Click on “Add User”
- Select the Answering Rules tab
- Locate the default time frame answering rule and click the Edit button
- Enable Call Forwarding – Always by checking the box, and enter the desired forwarding number. Leave all others at their default values.
Then click “Save”