- Physical access to the phone
- Polycom device MAC address
- Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone located on under the phone and write it down.
- Usually starts with 0004F2xxxxxx or 64167Fxxxxxx.
- * If you see "loading application" and no countdown on your screen, select"cancel" and you'll be able to see the countdown.
- For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450 press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time
- For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time
- For SoundStation IP 4000, 500, and 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
- For VVX-Series phones press and hold the dial pad keys 1, 3, 5 simultaneously during the Updater process until the password prompt appears
- Depress the # key or the button directly beneath this image on the phone screen (1/A/a) for Soundpoint IP
- On a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch between alpha and numeric
- Please take note of which input option is active as you will have to start over if a letter or number is entered incorrectly.
How to Perform a Hard Reset
Use the below steps if the following is met:
- The phone is on a boot loop and no longer going to the home menu
- The default password or mac password don't work
- Reboot the phone and wait for the starting application.
- While the phone is in the starting application wait for the cancel button to appear then press it.
- The phone will show a 7 seconds count down. This is the only open window to press the key combination to go to the hard reset page.
- VVX series (VVX300, 301, 310, 311, etc): press and hold 1 3 5 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Sound Point IP 335: press and hold 1 3 5 7 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Sound Point IP series (IP550,560,570, etc): press and hold 4 6 8* within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Conference Phone IP5000, 6000, 7000: press and hold 1 3 5 7 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- The only password use here it the MAC ID of the phone (e.g 0004f28619dc).
- By default, the phone is on number mode (1->abc) which means you will are entering a number when you press any button.
- Note: To enter a single letter you will need to change the input mode of the phone.
- Press the 2nd soft key that corresponds to the mode or (encoding) of the phone and change it to (A->abc or a->abc).
- This is not key sensitive so it's ok if you are on (A->abc) which is upper case or ( a->abc ) which is lower case.
- Once you are on the letter mode (A->abc ) and you need to enter the letter "F" you will need to press the number "3" 3 times.