Advanced time-of-day (TOD) routing is done from the Domain Inventory Tab for your telephone numbers.
- User scope of Office Manager or higher.
Enabling TOD Feature
A few quick options are all that are needed to route telephone calls to where you want them from the Inventory and Phone Number tabs:
- Enable Time Frames
- Choose the timezone for the Telephone Number
- Optionally, Add a Caller ID Prefix that will show on the phone's LCD display for inbound calls
- Pick the business (Domain) that the telephone number relates too
- Enable the DID (note: always choose yes, else it will ring out of service)
- Optionally, choose the date that the telephone number will go in service or leave blank for immediate use.
- Add any relevant notes for your reference in the Notes field.
- Select from one of the Time Frames you have already configured or use the Default one.
- Select the desired Treatment (User, Voicemail, Auto Attendant, Queue, Conference Bridge or SIP Trunk).
- Add as many Time Frame options as you want by selecting them from the drop-down and clicking the plus symbol, such as Holidays, Day Time, Evenings and others that you may have configured.
- Remember to drag and drop them in the order you want them checked from the left-hand column. In the example below the system will 1st check that is is not a holiday and then 2nd likely route the call on the All Day rule. The Default time frame will catch anything that doesn't meet any other criteria.
- Hit save and the changes are committed and Live!
- Test for the desired behavior.
New System User Creation (Time of Day - TOD)
A new system user TOD 14165551212 and extension 14165551212 will be created for this special routing feature. This is a non-billable system user of course and can be hidden from view by selecting the "Hide System Users" button in the Users Tab.